US Congressman Charlie Crist recently visited the Robotic Parking Systems Inc manufacturing facility in Clearwater, FL where he received a demonstration of the company’s innovative automated parking technology.
Congressman Crist represents Florida’s 13th Congressional District which covers Pinellas County where the company is located. As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, he strongly supports entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Robotic Parking Systems Inc manufacturers high-speed automated parking facilities from hundreds to thousands of parking spaces in half the space of conventional garages. The company’s product creates space, offers greater security for people and their cars, reduces pollutants and is uniquely positioned to work with emerging transportation technologies such as autonomous driving cars.
Robotic Parking Systems’ ParkSmart Newsletter – Issue 32 is now available on line. In this issue we cover:
- MACHINES FOR 2350 SPACE ROBOTIC GARAGE SHIP – Robotic Parking Systems Inc manufactured and shipped 210 automated parking machines for a 2350 space parking facility.
- PALLET VS NON-PALLET SYSTEMS – Pallets are a major factor in the reduction of product liability since they prevent drippings and ensure no machinery touches the car.
- PREMIUM VALET SERVICE – Robotic Parking Systems offer the convenience of premium valet service without the valet.
- REDUCE TOXINS AND POLLUTANTS – Did you know that tire and brake dust pollutants are more toxic than all the exhaust related emissions combined?
- ON THE WEB – Access to product and technical information, photos, videos, brochures and more.
- PARKING FACTS – Little known facts about transportation and the parking industry.
Whether planner, developer, owner, operator or driver — a Robotic Parking System offers decisive advantages for everyone:
- Increases individual safety and reduces the risk of injury.
- Premium valet service without the tip.
- Virtually eliminates dings and dents as well as theft and vandalism.
- Protects cars from the elements.
- Average time for storing or retrieving the car is 150 seconds.
- Cars are transported free of touch on separate pallets.
- Easy to use. Drive forward to enter and forward to exit the facility.
For planners, architects, developers and owners:
- Creates more space for design and development.
- Can be constructed in every form — above ground, underground, on roofs or inside a building complex — in steel or concrete.
- Increases return on investment.
- Space gained can be used for green space and open areas to meet LEED standards.
- Modular and flexible capacity for hundreds to thousands of cars.
- Can be designed for every level of traffic density.
- Lower development costs.
- More than 4 times the parking capacity on the same land.
- Ideal solution where space is limited or land cost is at a premium.
- Reduces operating costs — less personnel, less ventilation and lighting, etc.
- Flexible design and façade allows the robotic parking garage to fit into any neighborhood or project.
- Reduces liability. No public enter the area where cars are stored.
- Not dependent on a single retrieval mechanism.
- Full redundancy and fail-safes. No single failure will ever result in the system being inoperable. If a single robot fails another identical machine takes over.
- Lower insurance costs.
- No exhaust fumes.
- No noise.
- Reduces CO2 emissions, other pollutants and greenhouse gases.
- Reduces carbon footprint.
- Eliminates tons of highly toxic tire and brake dust every year.
- Relieves traffic congestion.
- Valet ease, but you keep the keys.
- Better parking experience – premium valet without the tip.
- Better safety and security for individuals and their cars.
- Better environment – more green space – less pollution.
- Less congestion.
- Better use of land and development space.
- Better revenues and profits.
These are the driving principles behind Robotic Parking Systems’ patented, high-speed automatic parking facilities.
The premium valet service of robotic parking reduces the risk of personal injury. Just pull into the entry terminal, keep the keys and let automation park the car. No walking to and from the car through a parking garage. And, since no public are allowed inside the facility, dings, dents, theft and vandalism of cars are virtually eliminated.
The need for a better parking solution is acute. Studies (1) report that up to 50% of traffic congestion is generated by drivers searching for parking. This unnecessary cruising contributes substantially to pollution and increases carbon footprint. The cost of congestion in the US is estimated to be $133 billion dollars by 2015 (2). Networked Urban Environment states that “traffic congestion-related expenses represent between 1 percent and 3 percent of most cities’ GDP.”
A Robotic Parking System is a space saving and cost-effective alternative to conventional parking facilities. The technology offers a better use of development space that results in more revenues and profits.
(1) Studies by DOT, Boston College, MIT and others
(2) Texas Transportation Institute
Robotic Parking Systems offer architects and developers interested in building “green parking” facilities several advantages over more conventional garages.
One “green” advantage of a Robotic Parking System is the conservation of space. Since drivers do not have to walk within the structure, the clearance only needs to accommodate vehicles. The densely stacked automated solution takes a parking to a new level as it allows the Robotic Parking System to use 50% less space to park the same number of cars as a conventional parking garage. The amount of land used affects sustainability issues such as development density and maximizing open space.
Another “green” advantage is that by using electromechanical automated parking machinery to move cars into parking spaces, Robotic Parking Systems reduce pollution inside a garage . No cars run inside the garage, and there is no driving up and down ramps and through aisles in search of a space. This significantly reduces the emissions of harmful gases, reduces the carbon footprint, increases carbon credits and ensures an environmentally clean parking facility.
Did you know that tire and brake dust pollutants are more toxic than all the exhaust related emissions? In a 750 space Robotic Parking System 37 tons of tire dust and 3.7 tons of brake dust pollutants are eliminated by using electro-mechanical machinery to move cars inside the garage.
Personal vehicles are inevitable despite attempts to promote ride-share, public transportation and other means. Using a Robotic Parking System is a step toward greater efficiency and green parking.
In a New York Times article about Robotic Parking Systems, Darius Sollohub, a New Jersey Institute of Technology professor who studies parking and urban land use, commented: ”This is amazingly proficient use of space. It may provide one of the solutions to the most important conflict in urban design: where do you put all the cars in environments where car volume is high and space is at a premium?”
A Robotic Parking System can park the same number of cars in half the space as compared to conventional garages and offers more security, less emissions and greater convenience for users. The compact Robotic Parking System minimizes the impact of parking and offers solutions for better usage of available land area.
Issue 28 of ParkSmart – Robotic Parking Systems’ newsletter is now available online.
As cities become denser, and land cost rises, architects and developers are more often looking to Robotic Parking garages to save space and reduce overall development costs.
In ParkSmart Issue 28 we provide answers to “The Top Ten Most Frequently Asked Questions About Robotic Parking Systems.” Some of these questions and answers include:
- How much does a Robotic Parking System cost and how does this compare with a conventional concrete ramp style garage?
- How long does it take to retrieve a car from the automated parking garage?
- What happens if the electrical power to the garage goes down?
- How reliable is a Robotic Parking System?
- What happens if the computer that runs the garage crashes?
- What fire codes apply to the Robotic Parking System?
- And more ….
Get your copy of ParkSmart.
Contact us to learn more or to see how a custom designed automated parking facility can benefit your project.
Let us know what you think. Any suggestions for information or articles you would like to see are welcome.