During the holiday season, it’s easy to get distracted and not be as vigilant about the safety of yourself and your belongings. This is a prime time for thiefs and other criminals; and cars and sometimes their owners can be easy targets.
Police departments around the country have issued a variety of holiday safety tips. Some of the tips for parking, particularly while shopping are:
- Park in a well-lighted area.
- Park as close as you can to your destination and take notice of where you parked.
- Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car. This creates a temptation for thieves. If you must leave something in the car, lock it in the trunk or put it out of sight.
- Be sure to locate your keys prior to going to your car.
- When approaching or leaving your vehicle, be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area.
There are many ways that parking designers and garage owners work to increase security for you. These range from layout to lighting to patrols. One of the ways to greatly enhance security is by using a Robotic Parking System.
Robotic Parking Systems are designed to eliminate these safety hazards to you, your belongings and your car.
Reduced Risk of Injury
There is no need to walk to and from your car through rows of cars or levels of parking decks. With an automated parking structure, you drive into an entry station and leave your car to be picked up by computerized machinery. When you’re ready to leave, you don’t have to remember where you left your car. You return to a well-lighted lobby where your car is quickly delivered to a ground floor exit station. This increases safety and reduces risk of injury.
Reduced Damage and Dents
Parking in a conventional lot or garage almost always results in dings and dents in a car. Space is often tight to squeeze in more parking spaces. There’s always someone who can’t park straight. And, distracted people smash their door into the sides of vehicles, etc. In a Robotic Parking System, no one touches the car after it’s placed on the parking pallet. In fact, the robotic parking garage itself contains only machinery and vehicles – no humans allowed. This reduces damage and dents to your car.
Reduced Theft and Vandalism
Robotic Parking Systems’ reduce theft and vandalism. Cars are stored in a fully enclosed structure and are 100% secure from access by others. Since no one is allowed access to the inside of the garage, your car and your belongings are safe.